2.2L And 2.4L General Engine Description
The 2.2L and 2.4L Vortec engines are used in many GM vehicle models. It has gone through many changes over the years. As advancements in electronics and technology have progressed, the engine has followed. Although the basic mechanical systems have stayed the same, many sensors, timing controls, and air intake improvements have been made.
Below the picture you can find links to the operation and description of the different systems for this engine. From basic mechanical to electronic sensors and controls. Use this information to learn about how things work and help diagnose any problems your car may be having if you have this engine under the hood.
GM 2.2L And 2.4L Engine Systems
- 2.2L and 2.4L Engine oiling and lubrication system.
- 2.2L and 2.4L Engine mechanical description.
- 2.2L and 2.4L Electronic engine control systems.
- 2.2L and 2.4L Engine sensor locations.
- 2.2L and 2.4L Engine Ignition System