2003 grand Prix: new fuel pump not working

ProTech

Re: 2003 grand Prix: new fuel pump not working

Unread post by ProTech » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:02 pm

Yeah, I can't help you with either of those since I don't work with aftermarket parts. Your best bet would be to get a GM fuel pump. If it requires a new connector, at least the wire colors are usually the same and the terminal letters will definitely match up. It comes with good directions as well if any of the wire colors are different.

I'd only do this after making sure that you are getting power to the fuel pump.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

JimmyHelterbrand

Unread post by JimmyHelterbrand » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:51 am

I am only getting four volts to the pump, so now I am looking toward a broken positive wire running to the body block. I was under the impression that Delphi was the OEM part, is it not?

ProTech

Unread post by ProTech » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:06 am

Yeah, I'd start looking at a wiring issue if you're only getting 4 volts. And Delphi makes parts for multiple brands, but if you bought it at O'Reillys it's NOT factory.

JimmyHelterbrand

Unread post by JimmyHelterbrand » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:13 pm

I found a website that says I should be able to take the fuel line off and blow through it, pushing and and hearing bubbles in the tank. As I am sure you know, the person who posted this could be correct or could be a raging lunatic. Csan you tell me if this is true?

ProTech

Unread post by ProTech » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Blowing through the fuel line isn't going to help your low voltage problem any way you look at it, so it doesn't matter if that person is correct or not. It won't make a bit of difference either way.

You've now reached a limit on free help. If you need further assistance, you have to make a donation.

Have a great day...

Nick

Unread post by Nick » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:19 am

have u tried swapping the idle air control? Its a cheap part but it could cause the car to not have enough gas if its putting too much air in the mixture if not that I would shoot for the fuel pressure regulator or maybe a bad throttle position sensor...