Saturn Vue Dies Out After Catalytic Converter Replaced

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Saturn questions.
Hadly

Saturn Vue Dies Out After Catalytic Converter Replaced

Unread post by Hadly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:57 am

2005 saturn vue 4 cylinder front wheel drive, my engine light is on steadly and nothing through the middle we had a electical tune up, ignition coil w control done and light came back on. Took back got the catalytic converter replaced light came back on took it back and put another catalytic coverter on and light came back on after a couple of hours.

Then took to a differnt machanic and put a new battery in drove for about a week came back on and now it stalls at a inopertune time/. I was wondering if you could tell me what could be the promblem or what i should try next. thank you.

TerryAuto

Re: Saturn Vue Dies Out After Catalytic Converter Replaced

Unread post by TerryAuto » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:04 pm

A bad catalytic converter will not cause your Saturn Vue to stall. You never did tell us what codes are stored in the computer.

There are code that some mechanics think is caused by a converter, but really are not. If you had a P0420, then yes. Some cheap aftermarket parts do not work well enough and the code can return.

For the stalling out, try cleaning the carbon from the throttle. This is common for dying out whn coming to a stop, idling or do parking lot turning.
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.

laprima

please help me with my Saturn

Unread post by laprima » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:56 pm

I HAVE A SATURN 2000,LW2,6 CYLINDERS,3.0 ENGINE. EVERYTIME I GO TO THE GAS STATION.I LIVE MY CAR ON.WENT THEY REMOVE THE CAP OF THE GAS TANK,MY CAR AUTOMATICALLY SHUTS OFF BY ITS SELF.THEN WENT I WANT TO STARRED AGAIN AFTER ITS FULL OR HALF FULL DOESNT WANT TO STARD RIGHT OF WAY.NONE OF THE MEChANICS KNOW WHAT ITS GOING ON.PLEASE HELP ME.

ProTech

Re: please help me with my Saturn

Unread post by ProTech » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:17 pm

You have to learn how to spell and use proper English before I can help you.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+