2004 chevy malibu 4 cylinder

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.

2004 chevy malibu 4 cylinder

Unread post by Guest » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:13 pm

Where is the fuel filter on this car? I can't find it.

TechMan

Re: 2004 chevy malibu 4 cylinder

Unread post by TechMan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:35 pm

The fuel filter is contained in the fuel sender assembly inside the fuel tank. The paper filter element traps particles in the fuel that may damage the fuel injection system. The filter housing is made to withstand maximum fuel system pressure, exposure to fuel additives, and changes in temperature. There is no service interval for fuel filter replacement.

bos2shawt

2000 Chevy Malibu running too hard

Unread post by bos2shawt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:21 pm

just put a used 3100 motor in a 00' malibu and when i start it up it runs as though a foot is on the accelerator where is the problem there isnt an idle screw on the motor?

ProTech

Re: 2000 Chevy Malibu running too hard

Unread post by ProTech » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:11 pm

You are correct in that there is no idle adjustment screw for that engine. Every thing is done electronically through the computer and related sensors.

What you are probably experiencing is due to a bad throttle position sensor. When this sensor fails, it can allow the computer to think the throttle is depressed which in turn makes the engine rev up very high. This is a quite common thing on those engines so I'd start there for sure.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

stevie03

Re: 2000 Chevy Malibu running too hard

Unread post by stevie03 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:20 am

I think a lot of improvement for this car has to be done by manufacturers..The Chevy Malibu has back seat troubles, claims GM. A redesign is reportedly in the works.