How To Replace 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Battery

Rmebron

Power locks problem on 2005 Pontiac grand Prix

Unread post by Rmebron » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:37 pm

2005 Grand Prix GTP, when I lock my doors, I can't get back in my car. There is only key entry on the driver side door, no remote key. What could the problem be ?

TerryAuto

Re: Power locks problem on 2005 Pontiac grand Prix

Unread post by TerryAuto » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Not sure i understand your problem. Are you saying that the key cylinder on the drivers side door does not work? If that is the case, then you either have a damaged key or a stuck lock cylinder. You could try to put some WD-40 in it to see if you can free it up. If that does not help, it will need to be replaced. The door panel must come off to get that replaced.

Your car should have remote keyless entry. Most all Pontiac Grand Prix's do. Get to the dealer and get a new one and get it programmed.
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.

vic

How To Replace 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Battery

Unread post by vic » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:54 pm

Can someone please give me detailed instructions on how to replace the battery to my 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP?
I saw a video online, but they did not use a model for the entire video.

ProTech

Re: How To Replace 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Battery

Unread post by ProTech » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:14 pm

Replacing the battery is fairly simple on your Pontiac. There is a crossbar going from the right fender area to the core support, that needs to be removed and is just three 13mm bolts. After that, disconnect the battery cables and remove the battery hold down which is another 13mm bolt.

There may be a wiring harness that needs pulled out of the way, and you may want to remove the two 10mm nuts holding the fuse box assembly down and have a helping hand pull up on that while you lift the battery up. Easy!

Reverse the instructions for installation, done!
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+