Service brakes light on after sensor replaced

britnrw@aces.edu

Heater/ ac don't work correctly

Unread post by britnrw@aces.edu » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:01 pm

I have a 2003 Silverado 5.3 motor. My problem is with the Heater/ AC. When I set the temperature with my dial to 90 it will heat but when I lower it to 89 or it will cool. I have dual control knobs if that will help. Thanks

Meccboy

Re: Heater/ ac don't work correctly

Unread post by Meccboy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:32 pm

Does the air temp come out this way on both drivers and pasenger side, or just one side ?
Have you checked the coolant level?

oldsenior

No heat in 2005 Chevy Silverado

Unread post by oldsenior » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:19 pm

2005 chevy silverado cannot get heat unless i move heat control from cold to hot 3or 4 times

MW

Re: no heat

Unread post by MW » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:53 am

Sounds like a bad temperature door motor.
Check to see if there is a difference between the passenger side vents and the drivers side vents.
If there is, then the temp door actuator motor for that side has a problem.
Most likely need to replace the motor.

oldsenior

Unread post by oldsenior » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:30 pm

thank-you m.w. yes pas. side blows warm now wre do i locate these motors thx oldsenior

MW

Unread post by MW » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:16 am

There are several in the dash. Driver temp motor, passenger motor, mode door motor...
Best bet is to go to the dealer for this part and tell them which one you need, then they will get you a diagram of its location.

jason renner

brake and power steering issues

Unread post by jason renner » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:40 pm

i am loosing power steering and power brakes at the same time. I have repaced all brakes the hydro boost and all power steering and brake fluids are full.

butchkaz
Site Admin

Re: brake and power steering issues

Unread post by butchkaz » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:27 pm

You've got what's called a Hydro-Boost brake system. In this style of system, the brakes get their power assist from the power steering pump. You have a hydro-boost unit behind the master cylinder instead of a vacuum booster. If the power steering pump goes out, you will lose power brakes and power steering. The steering will be hard to turn, and the brakes will require much more effort on the pedal to stop the truck. Most likely, the shaft on the power steering pump is broken. You can check this by prying on the pulley a bit and see if it walks out from the pump body. If so, you need to replace the pump
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.

chevyboy

Service brakes light on after sensor replaced

Unread post by chevyboy » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:10 pm

have just replaced speed senors on a 2007 chevy 1/2 tone 4x4. bought them from Auto zone. Now I have a service brakes light on. Whats up with that? No lights before this. Went back to Auto Zone and they say no info is gathered. What should I do? Rechecked part # and they are right.