2004 Audi A4 Wont Start But Cranks

Including Hyundai, Audi, BMW, Mistubishi or any other car.
William

2004 Audi A4 Wont Start But Cranks

Unread post by William » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:36 am

Hello, i own a 2004 audi A4 3.0L and on friday my friend took my car to work, came back an hour later the car did not want to turn on? The car still cranks but doesnt fully turn on. He said that when he was going to drive back it turned on for about 2 seconds but then completely shut off. I took off and cleaned out the MAF sensor but it still didn't turn on. do you know what might be wrong???

TerryAuto

Re: 2004 Audi A4 Wont Start But Cranks

Unread post by TerryAuto » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:02 am

It sounds like you have a low fuel pressure problem. The running for a few seconds then shutting off after a complete not start is the clue. Sometimes the fuel pressure will build up after a few tries, but is still not high enough to keep the car running.

To confirm this you would need to have the fuel pressure checked with a gauge. If it is low, i would suspect a bad fuel pump.
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.

1bill

Smoke from exhaust pipe

Unread post by 1bill » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:39 am

i have blue smoke out of exhaust pipe and its leaking tranny fluid on the ground near the front of the car only when car is on.

ProTech

Re: Smoke from exhaust pipe

Unread post by ProTech » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:05 pm

Blue smoke means you're burning oil, so you either have piston rings that are bad, or a cylinder head problem like bad valve guides, seals, etc. This usually means you're looking at major engine repair, so depending on what kind of car this is and the condition it's in, it might not be worth fixing if it's too expensive.

The transmission fluid leak can be either cooler lines leaking, the trans pan gasket leaking, or many other things. This would need to be looked at by someone in person to see where the leak is actually coming from and what it would take to fix it.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

Henry2

Audi A4 Head Gasket Blown Repair

Unread post by Henry2 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:33 pm

I have a 98 Audi a4 Quattro and the head gasket is busted and the coolant is leaking, what parts will i need to repair both?

ProTech

Re: Audi A4 Head Gasket Blown Repair

Unread post by ProTech » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:06 pm

You should be able to get a complete head gasket kit, called a 'head set' that includes everything you need to do a job like this. I would recommend you go to the dealer for the parts so you know you're getting quality stuff and everything you need. You will also have to replace the cylinder head bolts as well, and you can only get them from the dealership. They can show you a picture of an exploded view of the entire engine so you can actually see all the parts you need to get.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

Pollik

Unread post by Pollik » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:11 am

I saved up last year for a new car. I've been thinking for a long time about what to get. Right now read the reviews on carbuzz. And I think it's better to get p8, rather than Lamborghini hurakan. What do you think?

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:21 am

some comparisons
https://www.cars.com/research/compare/? ... mg_gt-2020

cost of the car and insurance, depreciation and maintenance, reliability and how long you plan to keep it will all factor in. Anything new will be pretty good for the warranty period. All depends on what you are looking for in a car.

audi comes awd. lambo with awd adds 50K over the audi. you should look into some audi and lambo clubs online and see what they are saying about their cars.

peterr991

Unread post by peterr991 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:03 pm

sounds like you need a new engine :/