Pontiac grand am

Sisterchristian

Pontiac grand am

Unread post by Sisterchristian » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:36 pm

I have a 01 grand am which has recently been acting weird. The other day I was driving home n it started to chug like it was running outta gas n turned off so I sat there for a while n tried starting it n it started up tried driving a lil further n again it started to chug n die. Both times it died my temp gauge was at 200 like it was over heating when I checked it further the lower radiator hoses where way hoter then the uppers also right before it died both times the battery light came on like the alternator was crapping out please help

carriedi

Re: Pontiac grand am

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:51 pm

ok, that was what happened, what is it doing right now? 200 degrees is not overheating. 210 t0 220 is normal operating temperature. if your engine slows down to an RPM range lower than 400 - 500 rpm you may use more voltage than the alternator can put out to run everything and the imbalance in voltage will turn on the battery light.

I would concentrate on the running rough and die first unless the engine was really overheating 240+. If it felt like running out of fuel do a fuel pressure test. If you can get the engine to run now, use a scanner and see what the fuel trims are. fuel pressure for the 3.1L and 3.4L is 52-59 psi.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

BryanDee

04 Alero heads to 99 Grand Am

Unread post by BryanDee » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:27 pm

I have an 04 Alero and was wanting to know if the heads will fit on a 99 Grand Am. And where do I find a vehicle parts interchange information at?

carriedi

Re: 04 Alero heads to 99 Grand Am

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:31 am

you should give these guys a call about heads

http://www.americancylinderheads.com/cy ... 77C12.html

just make sure that if you do the heads the intake and the exhaust push rods are different lengths, don't mix them up. Short, intake. Long, exhaust. Short-In Long-Out. S-I-L-O
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

BryanDee

Re: 04 Alero heads to 99 Grand Am

Unread post by BryanDee » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:01 am

Ty for replying so soon. I am researching as much as i can before doing this project any and all info will be greatly appreciated. Thx again...