Clutch drag and hard shifting

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Saturn questions.
Ellanalli

Clutch drag and hard shifting

Unread post by Ellanalli » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:00 pm

I put a new slave cylinder and clutch kit and my 96 Saturn SL 2. Now, as experiencing clutch drag And shifting hard.What is this from

carriedi

Re: Clutch drag and hard shifting

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:51 pm

it sounds like you are not getting enough travel from the clutch slave to completely release the clutch disc. That means that the input shaft is still spinning when you are trying to shift gears.

how does your clutch pedal feel?

did you do a slave cylinder or did you replace the master, line and slave altogether as one piece?
Attachments
saturn master+slave.jpg
saturn master+slave.jpg (27.58 KiB) Viewed 10921 times
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Allinella

Unread post by Allinella » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:03 pm

New clutch stage 1 New master slave cylinder whole unit stand alone system per filled and blead clutch peddle fine same as it always was travel fine the funny thing is if u pump clutch peddle it stops I was told air in the system so one min it's fine next it's dragging again I'm at a loss here and I want to put one more tool to use a block of c4

Ellanalli

Unread post by Ellanalli » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:13 pm

Installed all New stage 1 clutch New master/slave cylinder whole unit stand alone system pre bled and filled all New parts when u pump the clutch 1000000 time it work for a bit clutch peddle fine same as it always was travel fine and when the car warms up it starts creeping again I'm at a loss I put two new slave master cylinders in and same thing feels like air in the system

Ellanalli

Unread post by Ellanalli » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:25 pm

I messed up and put GM Manuel trans fluid and not atf I quickly changed the fluid to atf n that is after first start of shifting problems and the fluid got changed again and it can out smelling really burnt and smelled bad

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:46 am

you could also check your shifter cables. I have seen cables that start coming apart and then make it hard to shift. I have even seen the cable break and they can't shift gears. but your really sounds like the slave isn't moving enough to free up the disc.

why did you do the clutch? How was the clutch fork and ball stud when you had the trans off?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Ellanalli

Unread post by Ellanalli » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:56 am

All new cables I guess I'm not say the right things but I've told u everything I did to this car and I'm not getting any kind of straight answer's on this from any where and the fork is fine this is all happening when the car gets warm even the clutch drag

Ellanalli

Unread post by Ellanalli » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:06 am

I've put two clutches in the car when I bought the car it was going due to bad driving and now knowing that the master/slave cylinder had it's help in destroying the first clutch I put in so thus time put the stage 1 New everything it's freezing here and I can go out there right now and it will run awesome like screams down the road like a bat outta hell but as soon as it reads 1/4 temp it's starts clutch drag and slite crunching of gears then at full temp crap crap crap

Ellanalli

Unread post by Ellanalli » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:11 am

When at full temp double clutching works good