1994 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8 liter supercharged

Post Reply New Topic
sMochaB

1994 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8 liter supercharged

Unread post by sMochaB » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:40 pm

What about the Bonneville I was told that somebody had tried to use the key that did not go to the anti theft system and the car locked it out I didn't know that but it turns out that it's not that we've been doing that trial and error it's a process of elimination rather and the security light doesn't function like it's supposed to if there's a vat problem so any suggestions I'm fresh out of ideas and a lot of the men I bring in to try to help me and they're stumped too

carriedi

Re: 1994 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8 liter supercharged

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:17 pm

a wrong key signal will make it so the car won't start and stay running. But as soon as you put a correct key in the car will start normally. The passlock is looking for the right signal to let you start your car. If it sees a wrong signal it won't let you start up. It does not lock you out if you have the correct key just because you put a bad key in previously.

if you have a key that has worked before then it should work when you use it again. If the key that worked before doesn't work any more you could have a wire connection that is no longer working or the passlock module might just be a bad unit. Using a tech2 scanner you can look at the passlock info and check for the signal returning from the sensor.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Post Reply New Topic