92 buick regal stalls codes 17 and 25

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
Paul

92 buick regal stalls codes 17 and 25

Unread post by Paul » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:11 am

I have a 92 buick regal with a 3.8l engine with the following problem. The car starts fine and runs well but suddenly shuts off when running. If i try to restart the car right away it will not start. If I wait 10 minutes the car will start again but will soon stop running again. all fluids are full and the car is not over heating. If the weather gets very hot this only makes the car worse. If the weather is cool the car keeps running fine. I have retrived the following codes from the computer. 17 and 25. Any ideas of where to look to fix this problem. Thanks Paul

Josh34

Re: 92 buick regal stalls codes 17 and 25

Unread post by Josh34 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Sounds like one of the common problems on this motor.
Either a bad crankshaft position sensor, or a maybe a fuel pump.
When it stalls and wont restart, you will need to check for spark, and fuel pressure and fuel injector pulsing.
Pouring watter on the crank sensor after it stalls may cool it down and let it start, or tapping on it with a long extension may cause engine to stall. Just be carefull to not let the belt hit the extension. The sensor is behind the crank pulley.

SarahB

2001 Regal Clanging sound after brakes replaced, won't start

Unread post by SarahB » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:31 pm

I have a 2001 Buick Regal LS. I let my brother change my oil, replace my air filter, and replace my brake pads and when I started to drive away there was a noise from the right passenger front tire like clanging metal. He took it apart and said the caliper needed to be rethreaded. Once he had done that the car itself wouldn't start at all! When turning the key there are no lights appearing on the dash whatsoever, let alone ignition. He gave it a jump and still nothing. A scan a few weeks ago at the auto parts store indicated the crankshaft sensor needs replacing and I have noticed the rpms stalling out in the last few weeks.
Being the weekend I've got to wait til Monday for a mechanic to take a look at it but the suspense might kill me. What could it be!

Meccboy

Help 2001 Buick Regal brakes replaced now won't start.

Unread post by Meccboy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:37 pm

The brakes and the code for the crank shaft position sensor would not cause the no battery power to anything problem you have. Check all fuses first.
Check the battery is clean and tight, and have it tested.
You may just have a bad battery, or a possible faulty ignition switch, since the ignition switch sends power to many of the cars systems.

SHOOTER

a tightened bleed screw

Unread post by SHOOTER » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:26 am

bleed off my coolant bubbles with snapped off air bleed screw tightened in and dont leak , my mistake righty tighty, however can I squeeze the radiator hoses to burp out the system run it hot cap off and ad more Dex Coolant as it goes down? any suggestions will help me.

carriedi

Re: a tightened bleed screw

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:29 pm

make, model, engine size... the more complete information you give will help figure what fix would be needed.

I am not sure what you are asking for help on. Do you want to know what to do because you believe you still need to bleed the system? Can you drill and extract the bleeder? if the bleeder on your car has a coolant line that goes to another part of the engine? If it does you can loosen the fitting on the end of that line to bleed air.

why are you bleeding the cooling system? Why would there be air in the system?How do you know there are bubbles in the system if you broke the bleeder off? Where do you see the bubbles?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.