TerryAuto

Re: Car start but won't run

Unread post by TerryAuto » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:00 pm

That could be a million things.
We need more information...
Year, make, model, engine size.
Will car restart?
Is the check engine light on?
Does it just shut off or sort of chug and die?

Yungbrutforce

Unread post by Yungbrutforce » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:22 am

My car is a 2000 Saturn not sure of the model. I lost the key so I ended up breaking the steering column off and breaking the starter off so I could start the car. Now the car starts for a few seconds then dies out. I've taking the fuel injectors off and cleaned them, checked to see if I was getting a spark, checked all of my fuses all of them where still good, and the fuel pressure is good so I know the fuel pump is working. I got the car to run on starter fluid for a good 5 min idk what else to do. I'm thinking maybe it had something to do with the security system in the car whenever I broke the steering column and that's why it won't keep running..

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:34 pm

yes, the security system will let it start but then it sees you don't have the correct key and shuts off the furl injectors. That's why you can get it to run by adding fuel manually. (shouldn't use starting fluid to keep the engine running. It runs too hot) Is the security light on or blinking? That would be a sign that it is going to shut down the engine.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.