1999 Oldsmobile Aurora air conditioining Repair Cost

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
DGroth

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora air conditioining Repair Cost

Unread post by DGroth » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:22 am

what is approximate cost to repair the A/C on a 1999 Olds Aurora

ProTech

Re: 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora air conditioining Repair Cost

Unread post by ProTech » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:40 pm

Well, it would depend heavily on what exactly is the problem. If you're just low on refrigerant, that can be fairly cheap to have it re-charged, say around $150 or so for an A/C service at any shop. If you have something bigger that is wrong, such as a bad A/C compressor, then you would be looking at $800-$1000 to repair. If you have a leak in a line or the condenser, that is a few hundred as well. It would really need to be checked out to see what the exact problem is and then a price can be quoted easier.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

celsoQ

Re: 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora air conditioining Repair Cost

Unread post by celsoQ » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:33 pm

You shouldn’t have to pay much if you keep up on your car repair. You can save exactly as much as you need for an auto fix and still end up paying more than that. It is perfectly legal for a repair shop to charge more for the service after it is finished if it took extra supplies or hours than anticipated. A loan can help you pay to get your vehicle back whenever you do not have the extra cash.

zboulton

Olds will not change A/C modes

Unread post by zboulton » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:47 pm

My 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue has the automatic climate control and will not change modes. It blows hard on the drivers feet and lightly every where else. It blows cool but doesnt seem to get colder or less cold. The it transfers to heat just fine. Any ideas of the most likely culprit?

carriedi

Re: A/C mode

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:43 am

that auto ac system has electrical solenoids that send vacuum to the actuators. It could be HVAC fuse (10 amp) in the instrument panel fuse box. It could be you have a leak in the vacuum supply.

as for the getting cold, is the compressor turning on? Does the ac line that goes into the car get cold?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

bbennssann

Unread post by bbennssann » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:18 pm

I posted the question here because I wasn't allowed to start a new topic.

I recently bought a nice 1988 Olds Delta 88 with 66,000 miles on it. The A/C blows warm air and the compressor continually starts then stops. I tried to add freon with no success. I would like to verify which is the low port.

I used the port in picture #1. Since it wouldn't take I thought maybe it was the port in picture #2 which is closer to the compressor, but I don't have a fitting for it..

Thanks.
Freon low side port.jpg
Oldsmobile Freon low side port picture.
Freon low side port.jpg (163.55 KiB) Viewed 4566 times
Freon high side port.jpg
Oldsmobile Freon high side service fitting.
Freon high side port.jpg (139.47 KiB) Viewed 4566 times

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:28 am

use the low side port to add refrigerant. If you are filling by adding from the small cans and hook up to the high side you could get hurt because the high side could produce more pressure than the can is able to withstand. Could rupture the can. You have to charge through the low side, which is the side that goes from the compressor to the inside of the car. (between the compressor and the evaporator) You hook up your can and adapter to the low side port and start the engine and turn on the ac. when the compressor turns on and pulls the low side down, that is when it will take the refrigerant from the can. Be careful not to over charge the system.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.