2002 Saturn LW200 lost power

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Saturn questions.
belowme29

2002 Saturn LW200 lost power

Unread post by belowme29 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:30 am

Car slowly lost power Friday and could not get it restarted. Got it home and tried using ether (quick start can) and the engine ran with this so I am getting spark. Changed fuel filter, while changing fuel had wife turn over the car to see if fuel would come from the hose connected to the fuel pump (no filter attached) and nothing came out - small drops but nothing that showed me that the fuel pump is working. Have not checked to see if I can hear the fuel pump going - and just fueled up 2 days prior so I was working on a pretty full tank. How can I check the wiring of the fuel pump before I go and spend money on a new fuel pump and have someone drop the tank to replace the fuel pump?

Thanks for any info.

B.

carriedi

Re: 2002 Saturn LW200 lost power

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:42 pm

check your fuel pump fuse in the underhood fuse box. (15A) if it is good you should have power on both sides of the fuse. It has power all the time. From that fuse it goes to the fuel pump relay. It is also in the underhood fuse box. Have someone cycle the key from off to run a couple of times and see if you can hear and feel the relay clicking. If it clicks then the circuit from the PCM should be okay. You just need to see if you have power on the gray wire to the fuel pump and a good ground on the wire from the fuel pump to ground. If you have power and you have ground and the pump is not coming on then you have a bad pump or a bad connection to the pump.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.