02 silhouette

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
daniela19

02 silhouette

Unread post by daniela19 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:00 am

I have an 02 silhouette. I have changed the fuel pump , filter anf relay and it still wont turn over. Yes its getting fuel we did the fuel pressure test. Can someone please help me.

carriedi

Re: 02 silhouette

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:28 am

how much fuel pressure does it have? why did you do the fuel pump, filter and relay?

when you say it won't turn over do you mean the engine won't start or do you meay that the starter doesn't crank the engine over? Won't turn over means that the engine is not rotating when you turn the key to the start position. If that is the case you would need to look at the starter, starter relay, battery, neutral safety switch and the ignition switch. If you mean it turns over (rotates by means of the starter) but won't start, you have to verify your fuel pressure is up to spec, you have ignition spark and injector pulse when you are cranking.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

daniela19

Unread post by daniela19 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:02 pm

We changed the fuel filter cuz we thought it was clogged and it still didnt work so we tried the relay and then we changed the pump with a new one and it still wont stat like to put in drive. It cranks but it wont go. Im not sure how much the pressure was but I can see and how much should the pressure be?

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:38 am

fuel pressure should be 52 to 59 psi.

ok, I am still a little confused. maybe it the terminology. when you turn the key to the start position, is the engine turning over? (starter engaging the engine and cranking the engine making it rotate, turn over) If the engine does turn over does it ever start up? Does is start up and then stall out or does it never start up, just cranks only?Understanding what is actually happening is key into figuring out what is going on

daniela19

Unread post by daniela19 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:27 pm

I got it fixed it was the crank sensor. Thank you. It would turn over but never start. the starter was engaging but after some trial and error it was the crank sensor

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:22 pm

yep, no crank sensor signal and you get no spark and injector pulse to run. Congrats on getting it fixed