Won't shut down

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Dodge and Chrysler questions.
Ericv

Won't shut down

Unread post by Ericv » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:17 pm

'00 cirrus,2.5L, after the vehicle warms up, when you remove the key from the ignition, vehicle keeps running. Went for the obvious ignition switch. Did not fix it. Now my boss gave me the problem, if you pull the asd relay it will shut down. Other than that, I'm pretty frustrated. Charging system is normal, lights, dash, and everything else shuts down.

carriedi

Re: Won't shut down

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:24 pm

2.4L or 2.5L?

check the asd relay and see it it's getting stuck on or if the dark blue/purple wire is grounding the circuit turning it on after the key is turned off. (connector2, pin 67)
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Ericv

Unread post by Ericv » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:18 pm

Ok, boss said he checked what you said and it checked out ok. So, now what, lol

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:13 am

if pulling the asd relay will turn the car off but turning the key off doesn't how can the asd relay check out ok?

the asd relay has two wires that are battery power from fuse 5, 20A in the power distribution center on the left front fender. The asd relay is turned on by the PCM from pin 67, the dark blue/violet. When the key is turned on the pcm grounds the dark blue/violet wire to power up all the feeds from the asd relay. Pulling the relay should be the same thing turning off the ground signal from the pcm when you turn your key off.

the wires that get power from the asd relay are dark green and orange. If they still have power after you turn the key off you have to find out what is going on with the dark blue/violet wire. is it still grounding the relay or is the relay stuck?

it could be a bad pcm too.

Ericv

Unread post by Ericv » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:02 pm

I'm sorry man, I am just telling you what he's told me. The PCM was the next thing he threw @it after I posted the first time. Didn't help.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:15 pm

cut the dark blue and violet wire when the car is running with the key off. that should take the ground for the asd relay. if the engine turns off when you cut the wire you have a short to ground on that circuit. Cut the dark blue and violet wire by the pcm and see if the computer side is grounded with the key off or the harness side is grounded. that will tell where the short is. If the computer side is still ground and changing the computer didn't change that, check your keyed powers to the computer. maybe the ignition wires are not turning off the pcm.