2006 f-150 stats in morning not at night

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Ford truck questions now.
brkford

Ford F-150 hesitating and has no spark

Unread post by brkford » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:38 am

I have a ford 89 f150 5.0 v8. I had to keep searching for a problem with this truck, and I believe that this is all related. problems. the truck is hessitating when i accerate and it feels the the there no spark going to the engine now my alternater is not charging its like the truck has a moving problem. but no it happen all started to absolutlt nuts on the way home. and I thought i found the problem. the starter relay
was cracked and the bolt was just about to break off. but i replaced it but its still not charging. Now the old owner said that he replaced the altenator before I bought it. some one help me please i cant afford to take in to a mechanic I;m bearly keeping my nose above the the water and I'm pretty close to going under. so please give a cure that can handle fixing my self its my work truck and with out it im sunk too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:roll: :x :shock: :o :oops: :cry: :?: :!:

TerryAuto

Re: whats going on with the truck ?

Unread post by TerryAuto » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:34 am

Sounds like you sure have a wiring problem. Probably a loose, broken or corroded ground. I would suggest having the truck running and then start moving around wiring harnesses under the hood to see if you can cause it to sort of act up, then clear up.
Being 23 years old, it could be anywwhere.
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.

dkeith

2006 f-150 stats in morning not at night

Unread post by dkeith » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:23 am

i have a 2006 ford f-150 4.2 liter it starts in the morning but not at night acks like it not in gear please help :cry: :cry:

carriedi

Re: 2006 f-150 stats in morning not at night

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:08 am

it's a little confusing. what do you mean? are you saying that it turns the engine over and starts in the morning and at night it won't start by... not turning over? turns over doesn't start? doesn't turn over? does nothing when you turn the key to start?

it's not supposed to start in gear. if it's an automatic it starts in park or neutral. manual starts with the clutch pushed in.

If you have an automatic and doesn't start in park, try neutral. you could check to see if the neutral safety switch is out of adjustment. hold the brake pedal down, turn the key to the start position and move the shifter around to see if you can get the starter to engage
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

kenny

1996 ford f-250 351 windsor automatic coil does not get 12 v

Unread post by kenny » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:03 pm

1996 ford f-250 351 windsor efi 12volts to coil loses volts

carriedi

Re: 1996 ford f-250 351 windsor automatic coil does not get

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:52 pm

not enough information. start from the beginning. What is your truck doing? Is it dying? Does the spark turn off? When you say it loses volts, do you mean all the volts as in loses power? Or that the volts are reduced?

Power for the coil comes from fuse #22 in the engine fuse box, left side of the engine compartment. Does the fuse lose power too when the coil is acting up? Fuse #22 powers the PCM power relay, the ignition module, the coil and the radio capacitor.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.