Recommended rust converter

Including Hyundai, Audi, BMW, Mistubishi or any other car.
Batas

Recommended rust converter

Unread post by Batas » Mon May 27, 2019 1:10 am

Actually this is more for my chebbie truck but I also know of a couple spots down inside the walls and doors of the Westy which I do see some rust and want to stop it from doing more damage. There are so many different brands out there. Corroseal? Evapo-Rust Ultra https://10carbest.com/best-rust-converters ?
What might you recommend?

carriedi

Re: Recommended rust converter

Unread post by carriedi » Mon May 27, 2019 3:01 am

There are a lot of products out there and I have not tried them all to see what works and what doesn't. Or what works better than another. It depends on the amount of rust and what you want to do with it.

When you see rust it looks like the rust is on the metal. Well' it kinda is but really it is the metal. When you remove rust you remove metal material. Makes whatever you removed the rust from a little weaker.

I've used a product that seems to work for me called POR-15. It's a three step process. It works but I don't know how rusted the parts you are going to treat. I know that all the products out there being sold for this purpose will say they all work great but search the internet for reviews and see if there are any videos that show how they used the product you might be interested in. and see what other people have found out about them and their experiences on how they lasted.