1997 Hyundai Quit And Brake Pedal Stuck

Including Hyundai, Audi, BMW, Mistubishi or any other car.
Judith

1997 Hyundai Quit And Brake Pedal Stuck

Unread post by Judith » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:31 pm

I have a 1997 Hyundai Tiburon, and tonight I stopped at a 4 way stop but when I went to turn, the car wouldn't go and the brake was stuck in the up position. I stepped on the gas again, and it still wouldn't go. Eventually I was able to slowly roll off to the side of the road. I restarted the car, it still didn't go but the brake was no longer locked. I restarted it once again, and my car finally went and I got home (like a block away) fine, even with more stops and everything. What could be wrong?

ProTech

Re: 1997 Hyundai Quit And Brake Pedal Stuck

Unread post by ProTech » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:08 pm

Very strange problem you're describing, you might want to take it in to your local Hyundai dealership. They might have some better insight to your issue.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

elantra2013

2013 Elantra 3rd Brake Light

Unread post by elantra2013 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:55 pm

Hello, my Third Brake Light (Center Brake Light) has burned out which caused me to fail inspection and I am having the worst luck finding the bulb for the replacement and a tutorial of how to remove the housing. I went to Advanced Auto Parts and AutoZone and both told me they did not carry the light because it was LED and I had to go to the dealership. Not wanting to pay for that, I assume I can find the bulb online but seem to find different results based off the website I go to.

Can anyone help me out? What bulb do I use?

Also, how do you get to the bulb to replace it? I assumed it would be turn and remove like the front and back lights, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Thank you.

carriedi

Re: 2013 Elantra 3rd Brake Light

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:18 am

http://www.hyundaioemparts.com/auto-par ... -lamp-scat
You vehicle may be different than just "Elantra". Hit the home button on the page for other models of the Elantra. (coupe, GT) they might have different configurations.

NAPA shows the bulb as a "17635"

looks like the dealer sells the bulb for $2.13 list and $1.60 online. going by the parts site. Bulb goes in from the bottom. so, it might be accessible from in the trunk. If not there should be mounting screws umderneath for the bracket or there might be screw covers covering the screws. one on each side of the assembly. You'll have to look it over to see what type of mount you have.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.