Timing on a Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.0 non turbo

Including Hyundai, Audi, BMW, Mistubishi or any other car.
Kevin11

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Gas Meter Slow

Unread post by Kevin11 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:41 am

I just got a new 1998 Eclipse and when i would fill up on gas the meter wouldnt raise immediately it would slowly go up as i drove and now the meter has stopped working all together and is stuck on quarter tank at all times i tried taking the fuel level sending unit out and cleaned the contact wiring but still nothing, what else could this be?

TerryAuto

Re: 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Gas Meter Slow

Unread post by TerryAuto » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:22 pm

Just cleaning the contacts may not be good enough. It may have even damaged them worse. The resistor of the unit is probably bad.

If not, then you have either a wiring problem or a bad gauge in the dash.
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.

1ShepherdBoy

Timing on a Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.0 non turbo

Unread post by 1ShepherdBoy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:35 pm

My son has a Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.0 Non Turbo Engine and he had a guy that worked on it concerning putting a new timing belt and motor mount on it. Well he tore the car down and left my son high and dry. I got a guy that said he was a mechanic and he could put it back together. The cams were in different positions (marks for left cam was in 4 o'clock positing and the right cam was in the 6 o'clock position. He brought the cams to the 3 and 9 o'clock position and put it back together and the car runs erratic like it is out of timing. I talked to a Mitsubishi Service manager and he said the cams, both could be possibly 180 degrees off. He said about doing a compression test on number one cylinder.
The timing marks were just a hair off from hortizontal. >< The main crank was on the mark. I now understand that the crank on the mark needs to be on the compression side, the cams would need to be lined up >< and if you rotated the crank 180 degrees, the cams marks would be left at 9 o'clock and right at 3 o'clock. Would I need to remove the valve cover and look concerning the positioning of the valves that they are facing in the right direction. How would you go about fixing this problem if it was you. I know the damage might already been done. Direct me to someone if you don't know. Thanks.

carriedi

Re: Timing on a Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.0 non turbo

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:59 pm

what year and model is your eclipse? gs, gt, gts, grs, spyder gt, spyder gts, spyder gs? (Or PM the vin to me)
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

1ShepherdBoy

Unread post by 1ShepherdBoy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:06 pm

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse 4 cylinder 2.0 non turbo gs

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:23 pm

ok, the cam gears need to line up together with the crank marks lining up. You don't have to worry about compression stroke. you cam alignment will set your compression stroke. If your crank is set at the mark on the crank lived up with the mark on the block and your cams are lined up at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock so that the marks are lined up perfectly pointing at each other, you're good. Or, your timing is good.

here's the bad thing, it is very to bend a valve in the mitsubishi 2.0L motor. If you timing marks are correct you may want to do a compression leakdown check on all the cylinders and see if you have damaged valves.
Attachments
98 eclipse 2.0.jpg
98 eclipse 2.0.jpg (132.46 KiB) Viewed 18731 times

Karie

Mitszubeshi eclips 1995

Unread post by Karie » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:51 pm

When I'm driving and hit a bump in the road the back end sways side to side. Is that the struts or the control arm or gosh I need to fix what ever it is. Help please. Thanke

carriedi

Re: Mitszubeshi eclips 1995

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:26 am

Have a suspension and alignment shop look at you vehicle. Definitely look at the control arm bushings and suspension components. And they should check both the front and the rear.