Subaru Forester chirping sound

Including Hyundai, Audi, BMW, Mistubishi or any other car.
HeatJack

Subaru Forester chirping sound

Unread post by HeatJack » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:34 am

I have a 2002 Subaru Forester, which I just purchased used. The engine makes a chirping noise when I have my headlights on or my foot on the brake. Starting last night my car doesn't want to start on my first try, usually the third which came out of nowhere, no problems before or even hesitation starting.

carriedi

Re: Subaru Forester chirping sound

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:49 am

you're going to need to narrow down where the noise sounds like it's coming from. If I was there I would try to locate where the noise seems to be coming from before I could say what might be the cause of the noise. Because I can't hear the noise or where in the engine area I don't know how to answer you.

because the noise seems related to electrical load (the lights on or the brake lights on) I would look at alternator, alt belt... you could turn on the lights and listen for where the noise is coming from. You might check to see if the alt. has an over running alternator pulley (OAP) but I don't think that year has one.

verify crank bolt is tight.

does the noise sound like it's coming from under the timing belt cover?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Cadrill

Subaru mechanic needed

Unread post by Cadrill » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:59 am

I am planning to buy a subaru vehicle. Does anyone have a Subaru? And which model?

Criss

Re: Subaru mechanic needed

Unread post by Criss » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:12 am

It is a cool idea!! Subaru is just superb, mine is Tribeca. I love it. It is not like all other cars. You will get complete driving pleasure. It looks cool. I needed to service it one time. I was so tensed, because I don't wish to loose my car even for a day. I approached a subaru mechanic. And I got it done perfectly and in time. So what I was telling is that you will not have to worry about the services you get here in Alberta.