2000 vw 1.8t passat

Including Hyundai, Audi, BMW, Mistubishi or any other car.
erikajohnson93

2000 vw 1.8t passat

Unread post by erikajohnson93 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:39 pm

Okie dokie, I need some opinions about whats going on with my car. All lights will turn on and it has a brand new battery. When i try to start it, it wont even crank, there's no sound, but i can pop start it. when i turn the key past "on" to "start" nothing happens. I mean nada, no clicking buzzing, nothing. But the ignition switch works because the battery light illuminates after i let it come back to "on." I know it COULD be a starter problem, but I'm crossing my fingers it won't be. I keep seeing people refer to a starter fuse but all my searches came up empty. What are all the possible causes of this?

carriedi

Re: 2000 vw 1.8t passat

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:46 am

if you have a test light and someone to help you, check to see if you are getting power to the starter solenoid for starting. The ignition switch goes through a couple of relays and contacts before it gets down to the starter. If you ground the test light clamp and with someone holding the ignition switch in the start position see if you have power to the starter solenoid. There should be a big battery cable (black) from the battery positive. the other wire should be a much smaller gauge wire (red/black) that comes from the ignition switch. If the red/black wire lights up the test light brightly when in the crank mode you have power to the starter and you should look at a starter or a poor connection at the starter terminal. You could lightly tap on the starter and see if it turns over after tapping on the starter.

If the test light doesn't light up you have a circuit problem. Passat has a Comfort module that can cause this problem too. Under the drivers side carpet and check the wires going to the comfort module. The wires go to the drivers door and about halfway to the door there is a cloth covered splice that gets worn and breaks. Make sure the comfort module is dry. sometimes wetness in the carpet can damage the custom control module

is your car an automatic of a stick?

let me know what you find out
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

pewkie1266

AC

Unread post by pewkie1266 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:53 pm

What would cause a 06 Volkswagon Jetta to idle down (shut off also) after running the air for an hour.

carriedi

Re: AC

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:58 am

I don't work on VW's but I would think that the idle control should bump the idle up to make up for the load the ac puts on the engine. You may need to scan to see if the computer is raising the idle for the AC
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.