airbag light on Kia Spectra5 2006

Including Hyundai, Audi, BMW, Mistubishi or any other car.
montana

airbag light on Kia Spectra5 2006

Unread post by montana » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:04 am

I changed my auto stereo on my Kia Spectra5 2006 last week. After that, the airbag light is permanently on. The guy who changed the stereo used the scan or computer, but he could not erase the light, he said the car's computer did not allowed it. How can I remove it? :roll:

carriedi

Re: airbag light on Kia Spectra5 2006

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:15 pm

you will need to scan for the code that is keeping the light on. if you have a code B2502 check if your passenger airbag light is working. it might have been unplugged. Some scanners don't talk with all modules. did the installer say he couldn't communicate with the airbag system or he just couldn't reset it?

you might want to know how they installed the new radio. Did they use an adapter that goes from the factory plug to the new radio or did the splice wires in? ask for the wiring diagram they used to verify they didn't use any wrong wires if they spliced wires in. I head a car that used a wire spliced to a ground wire. the problem that it wasn't a real ground wire. it was the parking light wire. It seemed like a ground because the lights weren't on and the circuit grounded through the light bulbs. The problem was that when the parking lights were turned on the B+ from the headlight circuit would ground out to the wire that was added. the owner of the car put in a few fuses and then decided he needed a bigger fuse. well, he overloaded the wiring and melted wires from the outside (under the hood) fuse box to the radio and then to the headlight switch. We had to remove the dash and rewire everything underneath there. SO, be careful
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

montana

Re: airbag light on Kia Spectra5 2006

Unread post by montana » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:07 am

Thank you! I gonna try that, not by my self, I'll go with the guy who made the installation. :)