Hyundai Genesis 2011 Burning Smell

Including Hyundai, Audi, BMW, Mistubishi or any other car.
Tracy

Hyundai Genesis 2011 Burning Smell

Unread post by Tracy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:29 am

I have a 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 G.T and just yesterday i had some plastic wrapped around my drive shaft. I was able to jack up the car and pull the plastic off from around the drive shaft but it still smells like burnt plastic. Should I be worried about this and get it checked out ASAP?

TerryAuto

Re: Hyundai Genesis 2011 Burning Smell

Unread post by TerryAuto » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:45 am

If the plastic was wrapped around the drive shaft, you can bet it is also on the exhaust. That is why you have a burning smell. You will have to get under the vehicle and look the length of the exhaust and find where it is burning. It will have to be scraped off.

This may be difficult because it will be baked on.
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.

perryjo

Kia Optima 2013 LX four cylinder

Unread post by perryjo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:50 pm

I just purchased a 2013 Kia Optima LX with a four cylinder. I had a seven day "no questions asked" return policy on the car. On the eighth day I noticed that the exhaust was producing a ticking / tapping / knocking sound (both while running and after shut off). It taps randomly (like popcorn popping), not consistently like at a fixed rate. Really hope I don't need a new Catalytic Converter, anybody know what this might be?
Thanks in advance,
John

carriedi

Re: Kia Optima 2013 LX four cylinder

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:36 pm

it sounds like the exhaust metals are making noise from heating and expanding and cooling and shrinking back down. (just from your description)
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Atm716

Car purchasing help

Unread post by Atm716 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:20 am

Looking for opinions on which car is the better buy for daily commuting etc:work Thank you

I test drove both cars and was pleased with how both performed

[url]https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d/04 ... 18097.html[/url] talked him down to 3200

[url]https://offerup.co/WOpVUY8uMM[/url] for $3100
Only issue is the guy said it was an 06 and when I went to test drive it I get there and it’s an 04

carriedi

Re: Car purchasing help

Unread post by carriedi » Thu May 10, 2018 9:56 am

for any car, you should have a pre-purchase inspection done by a reputable shop and for any claims of work done, like timing belt and such, ask for receipts. Make sure the inspection place checks for rust under the vehicle.

check at KBB.com (kelly blue book) for trade in values based on the information that you have from the vehicle.

sorry, I can't give you any help on which is the better buy because that's a personal choice. You have to decide that for yourself. Have you checked to see where you will get either of the vehicles serviced at? Make sure there are multiple shops in your area that work on European vehicles. German cars are a little bit of a specialty in some areas where as American and Asian cars are usually done everywhere.

Depending on your commute, which one is more fun to drive? How is the sound system? Which one is the most comfortable? Hows the AC? How is the interior road noise while driving down the road? The things that you will be counting on every day on your way to work.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.