All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 1
I have a 2004 Saturn Ion 2 that had a new BCM and PCM replaced. When I got the car back from the repair shop, the Service Manager advised me they were unable to get the Keyless Entry Remotes to work. So on this information provided, I took the car to another repair shop to determine why the Keyless Entry Remotes weren't working. They advised me that when the new BCM was installed, the programmer forgot to enable the keyless entry feature. When I brought this information back to the previous repair they said they look into it. The 2nd repair shop advised me, once the new BCM is programmed you can't go back and reprogram it if something was omitted, is that correct?

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 2256
I don't know if that is true or not. I have heard that they can only be programmed once. However, the first repair shop should look into that. They should call their supplier for the bcm and tell them about the problem. If it can't be flashed to make it work they should send it back and get a bcm that works for your car.

did you have keyless entry with your old bcm? why did you change the bcm in the first place? Does the replacement bcm have the same number as the old one?

did either shop have a tech2 to look at it?

Ask A Question Reply