All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 14
When I crank up my fans start and stays on until my car turns off, any help is greatly appreciated?

* Search   

contributions: 2264
it could be that your fan relay is stuck in the on position but more than likely it is your coolant fan switch/sensor. Depending on the vehicle, you would have something that tells the fan the engine is hot enough to require the fan to cool it back down. Some cars have a temperature switch that goes to a relay to turn on the fan. others go through the computer to tell the fan relay to turn on. If the sensor/switch goes open the default is to turn the fan on. Better to have the fan on and not need it that to not have the fan come on and possibly overheat the engine.

I would need to know what make, model, year and engine to be more specific

Ok thanks I have a 2008 Saturn Aura 3.5 v6 engine

ok, on your car the ECM controls the fan relays. You need to scan the engine to see if/why the computer is turning the fans on. Check the coolant temp switch. the AC will also turn on the fans.

Ok advanced scanned it and it showed the thermostat but my car ain't ran hot thank God, and my AC want even click on now when I turn it on, but before all this it was working fine.

Advanced scanned it and what was the code number?

thermostat too hot or thermostat too cold?

If the coolant sensor doesn't read right, saying the car is too hot even though the actual temperature may be fine, the computer could turn the fans on and shut down the AC thinking it needs to cool down the engine.

Ask advanced to scan your car again and find out what the code number is. See if they can look at what the temperature sensor reads. See if the temperature sensor is reading too high.

Ok thank you so much I will get it checked again and get the codes.

Update.. it was my coolant temperature sensor causing the fans to come on, temperature hand to not work and air compressor not click on for air to work. Thanks for your help.

Ask A Question Reply