Leak after being parked

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Saturn questions.
Tori

Leak after being parked

Unread post by Tori » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:46 pm

I have a Saturn Aura 2008 and i have had valve cover gaskets put on new radiator hose and cap, so I just got car back and it was parked a few minutes and I noticed something leaked out after being parked. I wiped it with a white napkin and it looks clearing a way but I know it's not water can anyone help it's on driver side could it be something to do with my heater /air circulation??

carriedi

Re: Leak after being parked

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:20 pm

it's unusual for there to be a leak on the drivers side but the passenger side has the condensation port that allows water from condensation on the ac evaporator to drain out. It's possible that the drain is over the cross member or over the steering gear and then it runs down to drip off on the drivers side. You will have to see where the leak is coming from if it continues. If it is the condensation from the ac then it will be clear. That's because it is water. It's the same as when you have a cold drink and water collects on the outside of the glass.

the ac should run on AC or on Defrost. So you should get water coming out of the heater drain when you have it on AC or defrost.

If it is not the heater plenum draining then you will have to check to see what else could drip over to the left side.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Unread post by Guest » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:36 pm

Ok and thanks i will get it looked at tomorrow then.

Tori09

Unread post by Tori09 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:21 am

Ok thanks i will get it looked at today.

ToriS

Unread post by ToriS » Thu May 10, 2018 8:25 am

Update it was a t pipe or something that had a small cut in it and was replaced and so the leak stopped, leak was antifreeze.