check fire

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Saturn questions.
tdbowhuntr

check fire

Unread post by tdbowhuntr » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:57 am

how do i check fire on an 04 L300? i think it is fuel pump related but want to check everything before i buy new pump and find it is a shut off or antitheft problem?

carriedi

Re: check fire

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:27 am

which motor do you have?

first, you don't do a fuel pump without doing a fuel pressure test. fuel pressure and fuel volume would be the reason to replace a fuel pump not a no start. there are many things that would make a car not start. replacing parts without testing may save you money on diagnosing but will get very expensive when the parts don't fix the problem.

to check for spark you would need to remove the coils. the 2.3L will have one coil over the four plugs and the 3.0 will have a coil over each bank of three plugs. once the coils are removed you would place spark plug wires from the coils to the plugs. this will give you something to check while cranking. It's a little difficult and you need to have some spare spark plug wires to test the system.

You should check for any engine codes. you should notice if the security light is on or flashing. If you have no spark check out the crank sensor.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.