Saturn brake light stabilization lights on

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Saturn questions.
cmj927

Saturn brake light stabilization lights on

Unread post by cmj927 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:59 am

ONLY when I turn left, the brake light comes on for a few seconds. I'm not pressing the brakes either. Sometimes, the tracking lights come on too!

TerryAuto

Re: Saturn brake light stabilization lights on

Unread post by TerryAuto » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:30 pm

You may just have low brake fluid in the brake fluid reservoir causing these warning lights to come the dash of your Saturn. If the fluid is low, this will cause the red brake light to come on and also the traction/stability lights. It can also cause an ABS light.

If you are referring to the ABS brake light on, then you could have a bad front wheel speed sensor or wiring problem that only gets affected on left turns. If this is the case, a scan of the antilock computer is needed.

Craft1man

Unread post by Craft1man » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:21 pm

cmj927 wrote:
> ONLY when I turn left, the brake light comes on for a few seconds. I'm not
> pressing the brakes either. Sometimes, the tracking lights come on too!

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. When I turn left, the brake light signals then it goes away. Did you by any chance find a solution?

Thanks!

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:31 pm

have you checked your brake fluid level? Like the previous answer, if the brake fluid is very close to the minimum level, turning may make the light come on as the fluid sloshes to one side of the master and lowers the level in the area where the float sensor is.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.