Left Rear Brake/Turn/Hazard not working

MikD

Left Rear Brake/Turn/Hazard not working

Unread post by MikD » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:27 pm

I have a 2006, 15 passenger Chevy Express Van 3500.

Recently on the rear left side the brake, turn, and hazard lights have stopped working. The left rear back-up and tail lights do work.
All the other lamps (front and right rear) are working.

Fuse #3 in the engine compartment was checked for continuity with an Ohmmeter - it is good.
Fuse #4 under the driver seat was checked for continuity with an Ohmmeter - it is good.
Both fuses were also checked visually with no discernible issuers noted.
(As an aside, there is no fuse inserted in position 6 under the driver seat but all the right rear lights are working.)

I suspect this is merely a coincidence, but I should mention that this occurred while connected to a small trailer with load after driving about 100 miles. Before leaving for the trip we did confirm that all the lights were working. The trailer has long since been disconnected but the problem on the left side persists.

Based on other similar topics I read in this forum, perhaps a wiring problem from the BCM or some other fuse? Any help would be appreciated. I can read wiring diagrams if one can be provided,

Thanks in advance.

MikD

Re: Left Rear Brake/Turn/Hazard not working

Unread post by MikD » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:08 pm

A bit more information...

When the trailer was connected, it was displaying the same problem: left (driver) side brake/turn lamps not working. This leads me to believe that it is not simply a matter of bad bulb or bad bulb socket on left rear of the van.
Looking at the wiring for that bulb socket, I see two black wires which have continuity to the car chassis (ground), a yellow wire, and a brown wire. The latter two must be one for tail light and one for brake/turn signal - not sure at this time which is which.

Any one out there got a wiring diagram they can share?
Thanks.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:51 pm

did you check the fuse box under the left front seat? there is a 10A fuse for LT REAR STOP/TURN, fuse #3

Yellow is for the brake/turn
Brown is for tail lights
Attachments
06express.jpg

MikD

Unread post by MikD » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:53 pm

Problem Solved....
Cockpit error on my part. When I checked fuse #4 under the driver seat I was focused on teh wrong row of fuses and had checked #15 instead of #4.
I checked again today, and sure enough #4 was bad. Replace#4 and now left rear lights are working.

Sorry for bothering you all with this (he wrote most embarrassingly).

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:39 am

Good job. might be a little embarrassing but way better that you caught it before you took it to a shop and they found it. Congrats that you're on the road again.