2011 express van signal

2011 express van signal

Unread post by Guest » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:58 pm

I have a problem with left rear signal. It blows bcm fuse last 2 days. OK for a month before it goes again. Any suggestions?

carriedi

Re: 2011 express van signal

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:05 pm

that's going to be a tough one. I would look for a wire that may have been rubbed through somewhere. Follow the wire harness from the tail light to the BCM. However it might also be between the BCM fuse to the BCM. My wiring diagram shows three BCM fuses but they all just go to the BCM. I don't have a diagram of inside the BCM.

does it blow while you are driving? or does it blow while the van is parked and when you go to start the truck up you find out the light isn't working?

Intermittent shorts are hard to find. Direct shorts are easy because you just have to follow the circuit to the ground. Your short, because it takes time before it blows makes it much harder to find. You can't find a short if it isn't there. If you have a tone generator, a piezo beeper or something you can place inline with the fuse out and the tail light bulb out and wiggle the wiring around and see it you can find the short that way. It still may not show up... But maybe it will. Then you just have to insulate the short.