Chevy 1500 Brake likes not working

luis33162

Chevy 1500 Brake likes not working

Unread post by luis33162 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:52 pm

I have a chevy express van 1500 and my rear brake lights are not working. My night driving lights work. Also, The rear center brake light works. my left and right blinker do not work; however, my front blinker lights work. I notice about a month the blinkers sound and blink twice as fast. I checked fuses and all look good. I checked also the fuses under the seat and they are also good. do you have an idea what could the problem be. any suggestions will help. Thanks in advanced.

carriedi

Re: Chevy 1500 Brake likes not working

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:44 am

are the brake light bulbs good?

luis33162

Unread post by luis33162 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:18 am

yes, all rear light bulbs are good. fuses and relays are good. but I do not know why only the center rear brake lights work. also the night lights work but not break lights nor directional.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:11 am

what year and what engine does you van have. Without more information on your vehicle I cannot figure out what you are working with.

the center high brake light working tells you that the brake light switch is working. from there you would look at the multi-function switch. If you have verified that the brake element in the light bulbs are good, do you have battery voltage coming out of the wire harness? If you have taillights then you should have a good ground. Check to see if you have power for the brake light or turn circuit. If there is no power for that circuit you need to look at the output from the multi-function switch.

Does your trucks taillights have a circuit board that all the bulbs go into or does it have individual sockets and wiring to each bulb? Sometimes the circuit boards go bad.