rr brake & turn signal dont work

carriedi

Re: rr brake & turn signal dont work

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:17 am

check the BCM fuses in the underhood fuse box

Darnell

Unread post by Darnell » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:31 am

BCM6 FUSE GUEST LABELING IT A RT TURN SIGNAL FUSE WOULD HAD BEEN TOO NORMAL AND MADE IT TOO EASY TO FIND? WEIRD...

Unread post by Guest » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:58 pm

My van is left rear and left turn signal not working. 2009

On my 2008 Chevy Express van I have no turn signals or brake light on the left side

Unread post by Guest » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:51 pm

I have no turn signal or brake light on left side

2008 Chevy Express van

Unread post by Guest » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:55 pm

The left rear turn signal and brake is notworking

Unread post by Guest » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:55 am

Changed bulbs didn’t work. Checked BCM 6 bad fuse. Which BCM is it if the left side goes out?

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:38 am

Bigblocknut: check the LR STOP/TURN fuse (fuse 4) 10A in the fuse box under the left front seat. If the fuse is good, verify that the yellow wire from the turn signal/hazard module is sending a power signal to the fuse. If there is not power signal to flash on the yellow wire you have to check the power and grounds to the turn/hazard module.

check the DR TRN MIR fuse 14 (10A) in the fuse box below left front seat.

Unread post by Guest » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:40 pm

Bigblocknut wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:49 pm
Hello everyone one I'm first time user here so hope I'm doing everything right. I have a 2004 chevy express 3500 van and having a similar problem as one previously posted with signal and tidal light issues but I've checked fuses under hood and seat and all seam to be good . I see where there was talked about the BCM or there fuses and snot sure on the BCM itself being a issue or there's fuses as I checked them and all seem good. The problem started after I hooked LED. Lights up on my trailer and they all worked good but I did have to scratch around and clean the contacts on the trailer light plug was very dirty but after I did get them working and I noticed after everything was done I had no driver side rear signal or driver side brake light and the front signal blinks really fast. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:31 pm

do you have a test light? If you do, you can check the LR STOP?TURN (fuse 4) in the fuse block under the driver's seat. With the key in the run position (or with the engine running) turn on the suspect turn signal. with the signal flashing in the front, is the #4 fuse blinking the test light? If it's blinking then you need to look at the wiring going to the tail light assembly or the light assembly itself. If it is not blinking then you need to check the Yellow wire coming out of the turn signal flasher module. Is the yellow wire right out of the flasher module blinking? If not you probably need a flasher module. The turn switch sends the signal to the module. The module uses the signal to power up both the front and rear lights. So, it should be sending out the turn signal to both the Yellow wire to the rear and the light blue wire that goes to the left front.

The turn module is located behind left center of the dash.