Unread post by Nimrod » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:45 pm

Thanks for posting Carriedi.
It was the BCH #6. I am up and running 240,000 miles
Cheers!

Nimrod

Re: rr brake & turn signal dont work

Unread post by Nimrod » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:22 pm

Carrieid,
I have the same problem as above, I traced it back to a blown BCH #6 fuse. I replaced the fuse yesterday and today it blew again. No right rear turn signal, no right rear brake light. On the right side I do have running lights and reverse lights. Any insight?
Thank you.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:39 am

bcm6 uses a 10A fuse. that should be more than enough for lights. because it blew the fuse by the next day it's possible that you might have wiring issues that are grounding somewhere along the body. Or water intrusion in the turn signal assembly?

the dark green wire from the bcm goes to the body fuse block under the left front seat pin C3 and comes out at pin C6 dark green. turns yellow at the right tail/stop light

Hippie

Unread post by Hippie » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:58 pm

On my 2014 Chevy Express 3500 the right rear turn signal stop light is controlled underneath the hood fuse box number 72 it's labeled as b c m 6. It is a 10 amp mini fuse. Now the left turn signal brake light is in the same place under the hood in spot number 7. ,,10 amp mini fuse labeled on the lid as BCM number 5.. the auto manufacturers don't label them stop turn signals anymore because I don't want somebody fixing something so simple when the dealership is going to charge you at least an hour to change the fuse if not more they're going to want to test your bulb tester socket test everything else and then they'll finally get around to checking the fuses that's how they work I talk to him I understand they're both s*** and I just went ahead and start pulling one fuse after another until I found one that was burned out. Now you also have your running lights they are underneath the driver's seat it's a relay labeled as K3 it's got two sets of numbers printed on the relay one is #3035d4. And the other number printed on the top of the relay is#13502749 the brand name is a generic name of. OMRON. Now this may differ with yours depending on your year but that will give you an idea on what to look if it's different I suggest you just go underneath your hood and start pulling out 10 amp fuses until you find one that's broke. And then when you do you can turn your other turn signal on that still works and start pulling fuses until one of them makes the turn signal turn off and that will be your other fuse for that one

Unread post by Guest » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:29 pm

I got a 2020 Chevy express van driver side no brake or trun signal running light work

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:00 pm

okay, a little confusing for me. driver's side, no brake or turn signal. got that. "running light work" that's another sentence, right?

Just the brake and turn are the problem on the drivers side.

Look at the fuses in the underhood fuse box. Labeled: BCM3 (fuse 26), BCM5 (fuse 7), BCM8 Fuse 72)

those three fuses go to the BCM that controls your rear brake and turn lights

Unread post by GUEST » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:18 pm

I’m having the same problem and also my hazard fuse keeps blowing
No hazards /signals dash /front /or back
No break lights wondering should I change flasher relay please help thanks alot

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:57 pm

Blowing fuses: I would look for a short. probably an intermittent short. Check the wiring. verify you are using the right light bulbs,

fuses work by burning out when too much current runs through them. That's load on the circuit.

You may need to use an ammeter that you can graph and drive the vehicle around and see when the amps get high

Unread post by GUEST » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:11 pm

carriedi wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:29 pm
You need to do some electrical testing. Your brake lights and tail lights are powered by the body control module. there is a park light relay and fuses for the park lights under the drivers seat. Check the Rt rear park lamp fuse. There are 4 fuses for the BCM in the under hood fuse box.

the right rear turn and brake comes from the BCM. they go to the drivers fuse box and then to the brake lights in the back. the right rear turn should be on the dark green wire from the bcm to the drivers under seat module. It comes out as dark green from the module but it turns to a yellow wire at the light.

With the right turn signal turned on, does the front turn signal flash? If the front is flashing then you need to check the wiring at the BCM and see if it is sending the signal to the light in the rear. If the Bcm is sending out the signal to flash the light then follow the wiring until you lose the signal to find the open in the circuit. Or, check to make sure you have a good ground at the light socket.
Thank you! Still havent learned the "try the simplest fix first" apparently. But, in fairness, all but one parking light was working. Until I read your post I had no clue any vehicle had a seperate fuse per parking light! Problem now solved!