rr brake & turn signal dont work

Re: rr brake & turn signal dont work

Unread post by Guest » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:34 pm

I got it figured out! It was the bcm-6 fuse for the blinker, and I replaced the headlight because the low beam was burned out. I had recently pulled a trailer with a bad ground. So I'm guessing that was the root of my problems, at least for the blinker...

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:59 pm

the body control module controls your turn/brake signal. there is a green wire that comes down your steering column and goes to the BCM. The BCM then sends the signal to the brake/turn element in the tail light. Check the wiring from the turn switch and then from the BCM. You could also try putting power to the green wire at the tail light and see if there is a good connection through the wires at the tail light socket. It should light up when you put power to the green wire at the tail light. Once you find out where you lost the signal from the switch back let me know.

fuses to check in the underhood fuse box are: BCM3 fuse 26 10A (should be good because other parts of the BCM are working), BCM5 fuse 7 10A, BCM6 fuse 72 10A, (the mega fuse should be good 123A)

the parking/tail lights work fine right? It's only the turn/brake light...

Unread post by GUEST » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:24 pm

BCM-6 Thank you!

Unread post by GUEST » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:40 pm

I LOVE YOU GUYS! Man this thread saved my sanity!

Unread post by GUEST » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:20 pm

Oh. My. Goodness! This thread saved my bacon. We couldn’t figure out why our R. Rear turn signal/brake light weren’t working. We had to install a wiring harness for towing, and all of a sudden had no signals on the right side. Kept trying fuses, checked the wiring. All of it. Nothing. It wasn’t until I read this thread, and realized that the BCM fuses are a specific fuse, not just “fuse 6” that we got the problem fixed. Y’all saved us a stupid mechanic bill for a ridiculously simple solution.