rr brake & turn signal dont work

Re: rr brake & turn signal dont work

Unread post by Guest » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:01 pm

On my 2017 express 3500. It bcm-6, which is fuse location 72.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:06 am

this should be what the underhood fuse box should be like
Attachments
2017 express fuse box-underhood.jpg

Freddie

Unread post by Freddie » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:57 am

None of my rear lights work ( brake, tail , signals, and reverse lights ) I checked all fuses and there fine . Where do I go from here?

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:56 pm

If none of the rear lights work (brake, turn and reverse) and all the fuses are good, I would look at the wire harness connection. there should be a connector the goes to all the rear lights in the wire harness. See if it has been cut or unplugged.

Travis

Re: driver tail light out and no trailer running lights

Unread post by Travis » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:31 pm

So some guys hooked a trailer up to my Chevy 2500 express 2016 model. Since then my driver tail light doesn’t work nor does my trailer running lights. All fuse are good, even took to another shop today and they said they couldn’t figure it out. Any suggestions would be great.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:08 am

the tail light fuses are under the drivers seat. LT REAR PARK LAMP FUSE. RT REAR PRK LAMP FUSE. Thay both get power to the fuses from the park lamps relay. If you have power on both fuses but one tail light doesn't come on you have a bad connection the the light that is out or you have a bad/wrong bulb in the tail light. Is the license plate light working? Brown wire is for tail lights. Both sides and license.

I would completely remove the trailer wiring first and then see how everything works. Probably could be a bad wiring job.

905hvac

Unread post by 905hvac » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:51 am

Hey I got a 2019 gmc savana 2500. Both my signals flash rapidly but all my signals headlights etc are fine, could This model have a relay that’s wired to the signals that’s bad or is it all controlled by the bcm? All lights are replaced & are oem and I bought the car like this. Hoping it’s not to do with a bad ground.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:19 am

there's no flasher for the turn signal. They use the BCM to pulse the turn signal. As long as everything works, I would just let it flash fast.

The bulbs for your vehicle should be 3157. It is possible that someone replaced them with 3057. I don't know if that would cause the fast flash though. They are slightly different in lighting and power usage but I don't know if that would affect the flash time.

https://rxmechanic.com/3057-vs-3157-bulb/

Unread post by Guest » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:59 am

So my passenger rear blinker and driver side headlight aren't working. Front right blinker has the fast blink.