fuse #9 blows on acceleration ECM/VCM, ABS, fuel pump

that s10 guy

need help with wiring problem

Unread post by that s10 guy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:39 pm

ok my gf has a 1997 s10 and when she kicked her ex out he had took something off and he will not tell us what it is i was wondering if anyone could help me and the truck was actually made in late of 96 all i need is a few pics of a 96-97 2.2 motor and wires that would help alot thanx

willwildy

Re: need help with wiring problem

Unread post by willwildy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:32 pm

Better if you send me some pics of your motor and I can tell you if something is missing.
Send me a PM.
Click here to make a SMALL DONATION to HELP KEEP US FREE

Fannycan

Re: need help with wiring problem

Unread post by Fannycan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:59 am

What exactly is the problem with your truck? Does it not run anymore or crank. If you could tell us what the problem is with your Chevy we might be able to tell you what was taken off just by the problem you are having. Let us know if there is a check engine light on or some other condition.

vinny

fuse #9 blows on acceleration ECM/VCM, ABS, fuel pump

Unread post by vinny » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:12 am

1995 S10 keeps blowing 20A fuse #9 which says ECM/VCM, ABS, FUEL PUMP. I have replaced fuel pump and relay, same issue. Will a bad ECM cause the fuse to blow on acceleration? Replace fuse, starts right up. Go to accelerate, fuse blows. disconnected ABS, same issue. I was leaning towards the coil but not sure that would cause the fuse to blow. Seems to work fine until well heated, then fuse blows upon acceleration.

ProTech

Re: fuse #9 blows on acceleration ECM/VCM, ABS, fuel pump

Unread post by ProTech » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:23 pm

Could be a computer, I've seen them do some strange things. I would first check all circuits that the fuse controls for any wiring problems such as a short to ground or voltage. Harnesses can rub through over the years, wires can chafe, grounds can corrode, etc. The problem happening when warm tends to lean towards a component issue, but you never know. Usually things like the computer, coil, ignition module, etc...can be affected by temperature, so it may be something like that.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+