93 Intrepid 3.3 engine backfires

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Dodge and Chrysler questions.
denise

94 dodge ram B250 van engine stalling

Unread post by denise » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:35 pm

has any body had this promblem with their 1994 dodge ram B250 Van . it ran fine untill i had the radiater thermostat and u joints replaced . then i went out to test drive the van and after a couple of blocks i came to a red light and when i tried to turn the corner after the light changed to green the van stalled and died. it will now startand idle but will the engine will stall if i put it in to drive or reverse. can any one give me an idea what is causing this. or has any one had a recall for vapor cannister and purge solenoid for 94 B250 dodge ram van. :|

Karl

Re: 94 dodge ram B250 van engine stalling

Unread post by Karl » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:50 pm

First of all you need to take it back to who did the work. They messed something up. Sounds like they left off a vacuum line or broke one.

That would cause it run very lean ann stall at or coming to an idle. A vacuum leak would not effect it running down the road.
Read some SIMILAR questions down below for more help.
Check out our Photo Gallery

Jrl1125

93 Intrepid 3.3 engine backfires

Unread post by Jrl1125 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:16 am

The engine will backfire & spit, tach will fluctuate, cruise light on dash flashes on & off, & there will be static in the radio. Only does it at times while running fine others?

carriedi

Re: 93 Intrepid 3.3 engine backfires

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:23 pm

check the performance of your crank sensor. If the lab scope shoes a good pattern when you are having a problem check that your flex plate is not damaged. Another problem could be the tps or the tps connector. But concentrate on the crank sensor first.

you might also want to make sure that you don't have a problem with the basics like secondary ignition components and fuel injectors
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Dinos

PT cruiser 2006 base

Unread post by Dinos » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:59 am

06 pt cruiser, new owner was told timing belt was broken. Ok replaced it and alot of other things. Compression is good, timing good. Replaced cam and crank sensor, also coil.been searching wires and coming up with nothing. Oh yeah replaced tipm. At first my launch scanner could not read vin then it foud it. I have no spark on 1. Why? Please Help. Thanks Dino

carriedi

Re: PT cruiser 2006 base

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:09 pm

now that your scanner has found the vin# what does it say is happening? Do you have a misfire code? How do you know you have no spark on #1? the other three cylinders have spark and are working normally? Are there any trouble codes stored or active? Can your scanner graph the cam, crank and injector pulse so you can see when they are all working?

you said that you have good compression, what is good compression for your engine and are all four cylinders the same?

does the engine start and run?