Dodge Dakota

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Dodge and Chrysler questions.
WTF

Dodge Dakota

Unread post by WTF » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:27 am

I have an 02 Dodge Dakota got home the other day turned it off went out the next day tried to start it but no start it cranks but I'm not getting any spark and I'm not getting any fuel up to the motor I replaced the starter coil pack that wasn't the problem thinking that went up that might have been the problem of why I didn't have any Spark

carriedi

Re: Dodge Dakota

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:13 am

what engine are you working on? 2.5, 3.9, 4.7, 5.9...

One of the first things I would look at is the crank sensor. Use a scanner and see if you show an RPM signal while cranking. If the computer doesn't see the engine cranking it won't run the fuel pump and send the signal to fire the coil. (Did you check for injector pulse?)

where are you checking for spark? at the coil? (depending on engine)

the crank sensor, the cam sensor and their connectors (wiring) should be looked at to see if they are sending the correct signals to the computer.

with a scanner, you could look at the cam and crank sensors while you crank the engine. Without a scanner, the next best way to check the crank sensor would be to use a graphing multimeter. You could use a good regular multimeter but it might be hard to catch the signal.

I don't think it is an engine immobilizer issue because the system would start and then shut down in 2 seconds and not a crank / no start