removing Fuel tank 03 Chrys T&C

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Dodge and Chrysler questions.
stevep

removing Fuel tank 03 Chrys T&C

Unread post by stevep » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:58 am

Ok, I ve got the Staps off, the lines loose and its just sitting there...PLastic tank. I have a leak on the TOP side of the tank. Is there any way to access it from the trunk from above? Failing that... How the Heck do you get it to Drop out?

Thanks in Advance

carriedi

Re: removing Fuel tank 03 Chrys T&C

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:00 am

the straps are the means that is used to keep the tank up in the car. If the straps are unbolted and the tank is still stuck it's probably the insulation or cushion between the tank and the body of the car. They have strips of material that keeps the tank from rubbing directly to the body. It may be stuck to the body. try prying on one corner gently... How much gas is in the tank? Do you have something to catch the tank when it comes loose? Because when it does come loose it's going to drop from where ever you have it. Once it does come loose, lower the tank down a little so you can remove the lines, filler hose and electrical connection. then lower it all the way out.

after you re-install the tank you should use a good scanner and do an evap test to see if the system is sealed and everything is working correctly
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Re: removing Fuel tank 03 Chrys T&C

Unread post by Guest » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:52 am

stevep wrote:
> Ok, I ve got the Staps off, the lines loose and its just sitting
> there...PLastic tank. I have a leak on the TOP side of the tank. Is there
> any way to access it from the trunk from above? Failing that... How the
> Heck do you get it to Drop out?
>
> Thanks in Advance