All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply    Go to page Previous  1, 2

contributions: 2
I believe the speedometer/instrument panel is working correctly because the needle goes to zero when the ignition switch is turned off, plus on the recalibration sequence (holding down Trip and Reset buttons then turning on ignition switch) the needle seems to do exactly what it should. I believe it's getting a signal from the BCM or something to cause that reading when the switch is turned on.
The electronic reader for Chrysler (I forget the name) is very expensive for an individual to purchase.
I wonder if there is any resetting possible on the BCM without special equipment.
Leonard

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 2256
most shops have scanners that can look at the vehicle speed and also scan the instrument cluster for codes.

contributions: 17
this may or may not help. I had the exact same problem with a 73 Chev Pkup that I had owned since new. At around 125,000 I backed it out of the drive, started up the street and it quit. DEAD turn over , no start no matter what. Now this was in the days before all this electronic stuff, so there wasnt a lot that could be wrong.
Towed it to my friends shop. Points Plugs condenser. Nothing. Wires. nothing. Nothing we did would make it start again, Pulled Distributor and on and on and on. Ok So I got mad and DECLARED, well at 125 it should be rebuilt anyway. Out comes the Engine, strip it, and send it to the machine shop. Get it back. assemble the engine, proudly install it, And VROOM starts. Run in the Cam and I figure we are almost there. Make the Exhaust connections... Wont start LMAO.

OK It must be a Plugged Muffler ! Off to buy a muffler..... Put it On...... NOPE! Now I m Insane. disconnect the exhaust pipes from their manifolds VROOMMM

Finally, upon taking a Sawzall to the crossover bend coming from the right exhaust manifold. There is a two or three layer section in there that I suppose keeps it from rusting out or burning out. That had somehow collapsed INSIDE the Pipe and Choked the system. Like ramming a potato up the exhaust pipe. The outside of the pipe looked perfectly normal. I SWEAR THIS IS TRUE! I showed it to some Pro mechanics and they were even baffled. I learned the expensive way about exhaust clogs and since i read about the glowing muffler etc, and you changed everything Maybe this would give you another idea.

contributions: 2
Re: 2008 T&C won't accelerate after dead battery/ jump start. What happened? Any good suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

contributions: 2256
sounds like you may have spiked your electrical system. Check what I said to do in your other posting

Ask A Question Reply    Go to page Previous  1, 2