transmission wont drive

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Dodge and Chrysler questions.
carriedi

Re: transmission wont drive

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:20 am

you should use a scanner and see what it says about your transmission. sounds like you might be losing your trans. see what you pressures are and if it has the pid for material wear.

you should have a tranny shop look at it. soon
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

xavierdasilva32

Re: transmission wont drive

Unread post by xavierdasilva32 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:52 pm

Hi I have a 98 Dodge Durangoba
V8 5.2 truck is not driving properly I put it on reverse it drive ant it park as also neutral work but when I put it on drive it move very slowly it sound like it on neutral also check engine light is on as well abs what can it be the problem I am very new to this

xavierdasilva32

dodge Durango transmission wont drive

Unread post by xavierdasilva32 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:57 pm

Hi I have a 98 dodge Durango 5.2.
Problem I am having is that it not driving correctly. What is going on is that when I put it on 1,2 and drive itll move very slowly as well sound like it on neutral. I had a scanner check it and it say o2 sensor and neutral switch I am hoping somebody can help me solve the problem.

carriedi

Re: dodge Durango transmission wont drive

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:01 am

you should take it to a transmission shop and have them scan the trans. Is sounds like the trans is slipping from your description. Have you checked your transmission fluid level and color and smell of the fluid?

the codes you refer to sounds like you may be scanning the engine computer. does the scanner have the ability to scan the transmission?

maccole2018

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Back End Shakeing

Unread post by maccole2018 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:26 pm

I had all brand new Brake and routers put on the front and back and my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 still Shakes when I put on the brakes I have no clue what's going on dose anybody know anything that can help me?

carriedi

Re: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Back End Shakeing

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:03 pm

so it had the shake and you did the brakes and you still have the shake right afterwards? If the brakes are all new and the rotors all replaced it's still possible that there might be a rotor problem. Who knows, maybe someone dropped the new rotor in the box and damaged it. Not likely but it is possible. Brake pulsation is more a out of parallel problem than just a warped rotor. So you probably have gone through the tires to make sure it's not a tire problem...

Have you looked for play in your track bar?It hooks up to the left side frame and goes to the right side of the axle. If the ball socket gets worn or the bushing on the other end gets worn, they could allow the axle to move side to side while driving. It affects braking, sometimes acceleration or when you hit bumps. Because it attaches to the frame it may seem like it's not coming from the front but it's a simple thing to check. Start the engine to turn on the power steering. Have someone hold the brake pedal down and turn the steering wheel back and forth about 1/8 to 1/4 turn and you look at the track bar at the two ends. Look for play at the ends. The rubber bushing should move a little (because it's rubber) but see if it's excessive. The ball socket end should be able to turn a little but shouldn't move side to side (play inside the socket) Make sure the rest of the front suspension parts are all good.

is the shake anytime you brake? Or is it when you brake from highway speeds? Does adding weight to the back of the bed make any difference?