Rotors on 02 Jeep Liberty

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Dodge and Chrysler questions.
MaW

Rotors on 02 Jeep Liberty

Unread post by MaW » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:35 am

2002 Jeep Liberty.... Having issues getting the rotors off .... Well, actually, the rotors will slide off easily but after pulling the calipers and pads, there is a mounting bracket that holds the caliper on to the whole assembly.... Two bolts on backside that hold it on but used all my force to try getting them to break loose.... Do I need to just soak them and wait or is there another way to get the rotors off without removing this bracket? I've done this before on other vehicles and have never seen anything like this I guess....Maybe it's just Jeeps... Usually the whole assembly just comes off with the caliper and there are the rotors to just pull or knock off and walah....Thankyou for any help....

ProTech

Re: Rotors on 02 Jeep Liberty

Unread post by ProTech » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Try soaking the bolts with a good penetrating oil and letting it sit for a day. Otherwise you can use a torch, but just make sure it's very low heat or you can melt the surrounding area and brake lines. The bracket does have to come off to remove the rotor, and pretty much every car these days uses this style.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+