2004 Honda Accord LX Odd Sounds - with Video

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Honda questions now.
Stacy

2000 Honda Accord Jerking

Unread post by Stacy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:46 pm

While I was driving today Honda Accord 2000 LX my car started jerking and D4 started flashing...I drove home on D3 with jerks....what is wrong?

ProTech

Re: 2000 Honda Accord Jerking

Unread post by ProTech » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:46 pm

Sounds like you have a transmission problem there! Unfortunately this is something that would need to be diagnosed in person by a technician. You could have something simple like a transmission electrical component that is going bad, or worse such as need a complete overhaul. Usually with a problem like this the transmission needs to be removed, disassembled and diagnosed.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

CRIS80

Honda Accord Brakes Went Out- Line Broken ?

Unread post by CRIS80 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:13 pm

PLEASE UNDERSTAND I KNOW ABSOLUTLY NOTHING ABOUT CARS! .. ANYWAY I LET MY SIS BORROW CAR . WHEN SHE PICKS ME UP THE BRAKES ARE KINDA SHAKING AND REALLY LOUD AND HAVE LIL PRESSURE. I HAD NO CHOICE I WASNT GOING FAR BUT, TO GET HOME -ON WAY HOME , WE HERE A POP SOUND. LOUD! IT SOUNDED LIKE IT WAS AROUND PASSENGER SIDE TIRE. ANYWAY WE PULL OVER AND THIS TRUCK DRIVER WHO DIDNT SPEAK ENGLISH WELL WAS TRYING TO TELL ME SOMETHING BROKE . I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPEN / ? AND I DNT WANT TO GET TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF BCUZ I ONT KNOW CRAP ABOUT CARS! AM I SCREWED OR WHAT? I HAVE A 93 HONDA ACCORD.THANX
:cry:

TerryAuto

Re: BRAKE LINE BROKEN? ?

Unread post by TerryAuto » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:37 pm

A broken brake line or hose would cause an immediate loss of your brake pedal. Meaning, it would go straight to the floor and the car would not stop. You would also see the fluid on the ground.

Shaking is usually caused by warped rotors or drums.

The grinding you were hearing is probably just that the brakes are worn down to nothing- metal on metal as they say. This will also cause the shaking.

The pop sound could have been from whatever was grinding finally breaking. Possibly the front caliper piston if it was grinding on the rotor that bad.

Get it checked and DO NOT DRIVE IT !
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.

raneger

Re: 2000 Honda Accord Jerking

Unread post by raneger » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:32 am

Have your transmission diagnose to find out what is wrong.

Iknownothing

2004 Honda Accord LX Odd Sounds - with Video

Unread post by Iknownothing » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:34 pm

2004 Honda Accord LX
Engine: 2.4 L
119,400 miles

I've been having this odd sound occur while I accelerate - sort of like a grinding sound (about 7 seconds into the video). It might be a bit difficult to hear over the other sound coming from my car... It occurs a lot more frequently when it's cold, when I'm accelerating, and when I am turning while I accelerate.

Also, the more obvious noise that occurs throughout the entirety of the video just began today. It does not occur while I'm stopped and it began when I stepped on the brake a little harder than usual...

Any input would be appreciated, because I know nothing about cars.

Thank you!

carriedi

Re: 2004 Honda Accord LX Odd Sounds - with Video

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:58 pm

which side is making the noise? sounds like something is touching the rotor. Anti rattle hardware may have moved and are just barely touching the rotor as your wheel rolls.