1996 Accord 4-cly auto transmission mystery problem - help

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Honda questions now.
Tray11

1998 Honda Civic Feels Loose In Front End

Unread post by Tray11 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi i have a question, on my 1998 Honda Civic i replaced the cv axles, lower ball join and tie rod end. Everything fitted right but when i drive it feels like the car stability is really bad feels like the car doesn't have a grip and feels like if the road were wet.

Very slippery i don't know if maybe the suspension may cause that or if i do an alignment that problem will be gone.

TerryAuto

Re: 1998 Honda Civic Feels Loose In Front End

Unread post by TerryAuto » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:25 pm

Well, that depends on the reason you replaced these parts. If you replaced these parts becuase of an accident, then you may have something bent like a control arm or even the frame.

If that is not the case and it drove fine before replacing these parts, then i would first start with a front end alignment. You replaced a tie rod end, and if you did not measure perfectly to get it on right, then the alignment i way off.

Also check for a bent rim or bad tire.
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.

staffen

Honda Prelude Steering problem

Unread post by staffen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:51 pm

93 honda prelude steering wheel jurks and car jerks to drivers side and I here a pop noise

TerryAuto

Re: Honda Prelude Steering problem

Unread post by TerryAuto » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:54 pm

Get your steering and front suspension check right away ! You could have a bad tie rod end which if it breaks will cause you to loose steering. You could also have another component ready to break.

FriendshipUSA

1996 Accord 4-cly auto transmission mystery problem - help

Unread post by FriendshipUSA » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:05 pm

1996 Accord v-tec 4-cly automatic transmission mystery problem:

I swapped out the car's V-tech 4-cly engine. I then added Honda transmission fluid to replace what was lost during the engine swap but unfortunately added one too many quarts. I then test drove the car. Everything worked great! The next day I attempted to drive it to work. I was 30-miles away and driving at 70 MPH and then slowed down to a stop for a light. The automatic transmission stop working! It was like the trans shifted into neutral. I moved the car very slowly into a gas station one block away by racing the engine. The car sat about 4-hrs before I was able to return with my pick-up and a car tow dolly. I started the car and discovered the transmission was working again. I drove the car onto the tow dolly and towed it home. When it was at home the transmission seem to be OK.

Can someone help tell me what may have happen and a fix? The transmission worked great before and immediately after the engine was replaced. It worked great during the 30-mile drive into work, then, something happened. It stop working. Then it started to work again after it sat 4-hrs and after I arrived home.

The preventative maintenance work I was doing included draining and replacing 3-quarts of Honda transmission fluid during each oil/filter change.

thanks
Phil

carriedi

Re: 1996 Accord 4-cly auto transmission mystery problem - he

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:02 am

low fluid or a loss of fluid pressure could cause a problem like that. but you should consult a auto trans expert.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

davidkien68

1997 honda civic hx coupe

Unread post by davidkien68 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:51 pm

Im debating buying thismcar for my 17 year old daughter. The car looks to be in good shape. I plan on doing a timing belt and water pump just for peace of mind. It has 233000 on it and has the 1.6 vteck, CVT transmission. Everything works but I know nothing about those transmissions. Any thoughts or opinions? The car is from the original owner. Ive seen alot more mileage than that but since my daughter will be driving it I was curious about any pitfalls to watch out for. Thanks, Pil

carriedi

Re: 1997 honda civic hx coupe

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:04 am

can't really give you info on a used car purchase on a car I haven't looked at. Honda has a great reputation. 233K is okay if you know the maintenance has been kept up. CVT trans takes it's own special fluid so don't add regular trans fluid.

have a used car inspection done on the car to help you know what you are buying. or what extra money you will need to spend on repairs.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

winter tires in summer

Unread post by guest » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:50 pm

can i safely take a 1000 mile trip using my winter tires on my car in the summer or should i put on my summer tires

carriedi

Re: winter tires in summer

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:54 am

tires made for winter weather are safe to use all year long. they won't wear as well as all season or summer tires will. This is August. March of April is the season to take off winter tires. That's is just so that they will have more use for the next winter season and so on... As long as they have good tread deapth they are okay to drive on all year long if you want. They just won't last as long as tires made to run all the time.