Honda Accord Brakes Went Out- Line Broken ?

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Honda questions now.
CRIS80

Honda Accord Brakes Went Out- Line Broken ?

Unread post by CRIS80 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:13 pm

PLEASE UNDERSTAND I KNOW ABSOLUTLY NOTHING ABOUT CARS! .. ANYWAY I LET MY SIS BORROW CAR . WHEN SHE PICKS ME UP THE BRAKES ARE KINDA SHAKING AND REALLY LOUD AND HAVE LIL PRESSURE. I HAD NO CHOICE I WASNT GOING FAR BUT, TO GET HOME -ON WAY HOME , WE HERE A POP SOUND. LOUD! IT SOUNDED LIKE IT WAS AROUND PASSENGER SIDE TIRE. ANYWAY WE PULL OVER AND THIS TRUCK DRIVER WHO DIDNT SPEAK ENGLISH WELL WAS TRYING TO TELL ME SOMETHING BROKE . I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPEN / ? AND I DNT WANT TO GET TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF BCUZ I ONT KNOW CRAP ABOUT CARS! AM I SCREWED OR WHAT? I HAVE A 93 HONDA ACCORD.THANX
:cry:

TerryAuto

Re: BRAKE LINE BROKEN? ?

Unread post by TerryAuto » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:37 pm

A broken brake line or hose would cause an immediate loss of your brake pedal. Meaning, it would go straight to the floor and the car would not stop. You would also see the fluid on the ground.

Shaking is usually caused by warped rotors or drums.

The grinding you were hearing is probably just that the brakes are worn down to nothing- metal on metal as they say. This will also cause the shaking.

The pop sound could have been from whatever was grinding finally breaking. Possibly the front caliper piston if it was grinding on the rotor that bad.

Get it checked and DO NOT DRIVE IT !
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.