starter on Matrix 04 do not crank when engine is warm

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Toyota questions.
pierredup1

starter on Matrix 04 do not crank when engine is warm

Unread post by pierredup1 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:07 pm

I owne a Matrix 04 i got problem with the starter when the car is cold everything is normal crank and start but when we run for a little try to start and nothing no sound no crank

carriedi

Re: starter on Matrix 04 do not crank when engine is warm

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:29 pm

the starter has two wires going to it. The big one is from the positive from the battery. that's the power to crank the starter over. Then there is a small wire. The small wire is from your ignition switch. Check to see if you are getting power on the small wire when you are starting the car. If the small wire shows that it is getting battery power when in the crank position then look at a bad starter. If you don't get battery voltage when the key is in the start position you will need to follow the circuit back to where there is power and find out where the loss of power it at.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

pierredup1

Unread post by pierredup1 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:37 am

I find the problem the solenoid was defective we bring the starter to the autopart store put on the testing machine run the test 3 times the starter pass everytime come back home retest before reinstall on the car work 2 or 3 time and after dead one more time hit the solenoid restart working for a little finaly put a new starter and everything is ok now

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:44 am

congrats, glad you found the problem. Appreciate you letting us know what the fix was.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.