Camry 09, V6, 2gr U660E Transmission Swap

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Toyota questions.
Dexterwise

Camry 09, V6, 2gr U660E Transmission Swap

Unread post by Dexterwise » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi, guys. I need your help. I am an auto engineer, and am considering if it is possible to swap a u660e auto 6speed with a 5speed u151e auto. I have researched alot about the u151e auto. It cn fit perfectly on my camry spider 2gr engine. But am concerned about the ECU and engine wire harnesses. Do I need to replaced the ECU and harness to the u151e trnsmisson type? The U660e ato has being problematic to me. Pls....help me.

carriedi

Re: Camry 09, V6, 2gr U660E Transmission Swap

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:34 pm

Personally, I would never change what came with the car if I planned to continue to drive it on the street. But for those who do change stuff around, check with a wrecking yard or a transmission shop about the possibility of a tranny swap. They should be able to help you with what can be changed and what it might take to make it work together with the OE equipment.

why don't you just get another trans that's made for the car? This way everything will work correctly and you won't have to change a bunch of stuff over and see if it will do what you want it to do...
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Dexterwise

Re: Camry 09, V6, 2gr U660E Transmission Swap

Unread post by Dexterwise » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:12 am

Thanks Carriedi for the advice. I know that trans is gonna fit on to the bellhousing of the car, I may still have to modify the ECU controlled throttle body to a drive by wire one. You know what? I have seem that U151E mounted on 2008 FWD Toyota Siennas 2gr engines.
I would appreciate if you could link me up with any forum that does stuff like conversions.
Thanks a lot.