1998 Toyota Tacoma Wont Start

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Toyota questions.
Stephen

1998 Toyota Tacoma Wont Start

Unread post by Stephen » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:56 pm

1998 Toyota Tacoma. Replaced new starter,solenoid,starter relay.
Sometimes when i shut the engine off it will not start back up. Engine will not turn over,head lights and all of electrical seem to work ok. Wait half hour to hour and starts again. This happens once in awhile not real often.

ProTech

Re: 1998 Toyota Tacoma Wont Start

Unread post by ProTech » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:16 pm

Would need a bit more information to really help you here. Has this problem only been since you replaced the starter, or did you replace the starter to try and fix this problem? Is there a security or theft light illuminated on the dash when the vehicle won't start? There could be quite a few issues causing your problem, so you need to be more specific.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

Surg03

06 Toyota Tacoma question

Unread post by Surg03 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:55 pm

I just purchased a 06 Tacoma SR5 pre runner 2 wheel drive 65k miles and has been great until sometimes in the morning when I leave for work I will reverse out of my driveway and it will make a loud muffler sounding noise.Only for about 5 seconds then I will drive away and it goes away,I am not sure if it is the muffler sound but its like a loud humming noise,can anyone help me out here? :|

ProTech

Re: 06 Toyota Tacoma question

Unread post by ProTech » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:40 pm

It's extremely hard to diagnose noise problems over the internet since I can't actually hear it. It could be something like a bad baffle in the muffler making noise, or something else vibrating at lower speeds. Your best bet would be to get it checked out.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

chorabikUniversityofMinnesota

Cylinder misfire and ran for 6 months

Unread post by chorabikUniversityofMinnesota » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:26 am

After a misdiagnosis from a certified mechanic, I found out I have been running my 2006 Prius on 3 cylinders for about 6 months. (I brought it back 3 times) Now they say I have a bad fuel injector in the #1 cylinder.

How much and what kind of damage could I have done?

TerryAuto

Re: Cylinder misfire and ran for 6 months

Unread post by TerryAuto » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:05 pm

Running that way should not have caused any damage to your engine. With a fuel injector not firing, the engine would be running lean, so it is possible that the catalytic converter is damaged, but that usually happens after an engine has been running rich (too much fuel) for a while.
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.