f150 Fuel Pump Driver Module

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Ford truck questions now.
jimmythunder

f150 Fuel Pump Driver Module

Unread post by jimmythunder » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:39 am

2010 F150 started stalling and running very rough. took to shop to have diagnosed. He said it needed a Fuel Pump driver Module. so I changed the Fuel pump driver module and truck ran great for two weeks, then it started doing same thing again. I changed the fuel pimp driver module once again. and it ran great for two weeks. NOW it is doing same thing AGAIN. I am confident it would run great if I changed it again. but what is causing these to fail. thank you

carriedi

Re: f150 Fuel Pump Driver Module

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:53 am

you might want to see if your part supplier has another brand you can try.

How did the shop you took your truck to decide that the module was the problem? Did it have a stored code? do you know what the code number was?

check the fuse for the fuel pump driver module and see if one of the prongs of the fuse shows signs of overheating. Some fords have a problem with this. It's because of a poor connection to the fuse box. If this condition is noticed cleaning the female connector and tightening the female connector in the fuse box and a new fuse might help.

I would trace the wiring to see if you have a rub through somewhere shorting the module out.

jimmythunder

Re: f150 Fuel Pump Driver Module

Unread post by jimmythunder » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:26 pm

thank you I will post my results. not sure what code it is.